The project of the National Cultural Encyclopedia seeks to be an interactive encyclopedic platform for the cultural and artistic achievements in the United Arab Emirates, in accordance with the cultural vision of the State enshrined in the principles and provisions of Vision 2021, and conforming to the vision of the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Community Development of leadership in the cultural and societal development of prosperous Emirates, in order to achieve its mission of improving the cultural and community awareness, strengthening the national identity and heritage revival.
It aims to achieve the following:
· Listing and archiving of cultural literary and artistic Emirati works.
· Listing and archiving the data of Emirati writers, intellectuals and artists.
· Listing and archiving the data of cultural, artistic and creative organizations in the United Arab Emirates.
· Listing and archiving of the data of cultural, artistic and creative awards in the United Arab Emirates.
· Listing and archiving the data of events, activities, festivals and cultural, artistic forums in the United Arab Emirates.
· Documentation of Emirati heritage and culture to enhance the national identity and promote the community awareness of the importance of preserving the incorporeal cultural immaterial heritage.
· Introducing the creative literary Emirati achievements at the Arab and world levels.